Thursday, January 8, 2009

Bottomed out, but On Top with God!

Our thermometer has bottomed out at -65F, but the local wunderground temp station says it is -78F! I believe it! I have been working on frozen pipes since 3am. I usually get up every two hours to put wood in the Osburn woodstove in the basement, and to also check the water faucets in the kitchen and bathrooms. When I got up at 3, we only had hot water in the kitchen and both hot and cold water in the upstairs bath, but nothing in the downstairs bath. I knew I had to get the pipes thawed or the whole system would freeze up! I prayed, and told the Lord that this was my 911 call! and that I needed wisdom on what to do. I got the idea to put the box fan, that has been behind the Osburn to blow the hot air in the room, in the utility room next to the pipes. Then, the Lord gave me the idea to get the little space heater, the only one that we have, which is only about 10 by 8 inches, and go along the basement wall where the pipes are right above floor level. It took from 3am until about 6am to get them thawed out! But Praise the Lord, all but the bathtub has thawed out! The tub faucet is dripping so, Lord Willing, it should be thawed soon! God is not limited in any way in answering prayers and needs!! I am so thankful that I know the One True Living God!! I could have been born in a culture that doesn't teach about Jehovah God, and not even know Him or about Him! O God, please send your Word to those who do not know about you or know of you! Blessed Be the Name of the Lord God Jehovah!!

No comments:

Post a Comment